Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grizzlies Secure the Second Pick


The Memphis Grizzlies came out a huge winner in the NBA Draft Lottery with the 2nd pick in this year's draft. But what will they do with this wonderful pick?!

Blake Griffin is a no-brainer at the number one spot. If for some ridiculous reason Griffin doesn't get picked by the Clippers, the Grizzlies would for sure take him. Griffin is a beast and would be a great fit for Memphis. Again, the idea of the Clippers not taking Griffin is ridiculous so I'm going to quit teasing myself and move on.

ESPN's Chad Ford has the Grizz taking Thabeet in his mock draft. Thabeet could potentially be a good choice for the Grizzlies since he is a whopping 7 foot frickin' 3 inches tall. I like Thabeet but I keep thinking back about how DeJuan Blair dominated him when Pitt played UConn a few months back. The Grizzlies already have three players over the 7 foot mark so he might not be the best fit.

There has been alot of talk about the euro sensation, Ricky Rubio. He has been drawing comparisons to Steve Nash and "Pistol" Pete Maravich because of his flair and creativity on the court. He's only 18 years old which could be a good or bad thing. I'm also not totally sold on euro players. The Grizzlies wouldn't want to pick another Darko. But like most Grizzlies fans, I think Rubio has tremendous upside and I would love to see him alongside OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay.

There's no telling what will happen with the number 2 pick but I have a feeling that whatever happens, it's going to be glorious. Now I must leave you with a Ricky Rubio mix. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment