Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jerome Beasley, Movie Critic


The 2003 NBA Draft class could possibly be the best draft class of all time. Some of the NBA's biggest superstars were drafted in 2003: LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade being the best of the bunch. Just recently I was reading a book called The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac and, to my surprise, one of the most obscure and forgotten players from this draft was mentioned (on page 207). The player mentioned was Jerome Beasley. The reason I find this so interesting is because I see this guy around all the time. At the bars, in stores, and at movies. My favorite Jerome Beasley moment actually happened at a movie theater after me and some friends just saw The Dark Knight. Someone in the bathroom said "Yo, JB, what did you think of the movie?" and Jerome Beasley responded with "that shit was excellent." I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jerome has played pretty much everywhere since being cut by the Miami Heat. He was an amazing player in college and I guess he just didn't take his game to the next level. What makes Jerome's career more depressing is that he ended up back in Grand Forks, of all places.

No comments:

Post a Comment