Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boobs' team you should bet on if betting were legal lock of the week

Since I haven't lost a football bet in 3 weeks, well teams I would have bet on if I was in Vegas anyway, I decided to start a lock of the week to make sure I jinx myself and not win another bet for the rest of the year. But if my streak is to continue here are the two teams (1 college, 1 Pro) I like this weekend and why.

COLLEGE LOCK OF THE WEEK
Wyoming (+10) at Air Force (-10)
AIR FORCE.
Why: Air Force's losses this year: at Minnesota (by 7) because of a fluke fumble the Gophers returned for a touchdown, at Navy (in overtime by 3), the same Navy team that had the No. 7 ranked Ohio St on the ropes in Colombus, and No. 12 TCU by 3 points last week. They run the triple option and play in the mountain air. Not good news for a road Wyoming team this week, that frankly, just isn't very good. They have won some close games this year against Florida Atlantic, UNLV, and the powerhouse Weber St. They got blanked by Colorado 24-0.
Bottom Line: On a neutral field Air Force is two touchdowns better. At home they could be 3. Yeah i'll take Air Force and give the points.
Final Score: Air Force 31, Wyoming 10
(Also Considered: West Virginia -20 against Marshall, Colorado St +22 at TCU)

NFL LOCK OF THE WEEK
N.Y. Giants (+3) at New Orleans (-3)
N.Y.Giants.
WHY: I wanted to take the Falcons over Bears, but since I am a huge Falcons fan I decided that would probably come off as bias and no one would believe me anyway. So I'm going to take the game of the week instead. I think the Giants are the best team in the NFC. Going on the road doesn't matter to them, they have been the best road team in the NFL the last two years. When they won the Super Bowl two years ago they did by beating Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay on the road. Even though I don't like Eli Manning (really you're too good to play with LT in 75 degree weather year-round), he plays better on the road and under pressure. The Giants will run the ball, control the clock, and not turn the ball over. Eli will make plays when he has to. The Giants defensive line will force Brees into uncharacteristic mistakes. And in case you forgot, it's not like the Saints offense has been on fire the last two games against the Bills and Jets.
Bottom Line: The Giants are better and underdogs. They won't give the Saints 14 points from turnovers. I am assuming Eli Manning is healthy and I haven't heard anything to contradict that. The Giants will win AND just in case you get three points. Take the Giants.
Final Score: N.Y.Giants 27, New Orleans 20
(Also Considered: Atlanta-3 against the Bears, Jets -9 against the Bills)

DISCLAIMER: Schrempf Scampi is not responsible for any bets that you would have made and any money you would have lost if betting were legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment