Sunday, March 1, 2009

Julio Lugo: Man, Myth, or Legend?


The answer? NONE. Julio Lugo is a terrible baseball person. I don't even want to call him a player, because he does nothing to prove that he actually "plays". I think the Red Sox need to explore all options on getting rid of this guy, weather it be trading for a couple of low level prospects or even trading him for a bucket of used BP baseballs, I think it's all worth it. The guy plain and simply cannot hit. This is a normal look at Lugo's stat line.

AB R H BI E
Lugo 4 0 0 0 2

Although more than likely he gave the opposing teams SS some good ground ball practice. I'm pretty sure he grounds out to the left side more than anyone in history. It's like clockwork, if he's up soft grounder to the SS, if someones on base chalk up the double play. The one time I decide to point this out to my friends, what do you think my main man Lugo does? He hits a ball that should have been a pop up to the catcher that some how drifts over the monster. The wind must have been gusting out at about 40 mph.

I really have a dislike for Julio Lugo. I've never not liked a single Sox player (all is fair game if they leave), except for Lugo. This guy gets payed 9M+ to be one of the worst at his position. To put that number into perspective, it would take me approximately 5.3 lifetimes to make what this guy makes one season. Sometimes life just isn't fair. So all I ask of the Red Sox is to please move this guy, someway, somehow. Is Danny Almonte available?

No comments:

Post a Comment